Your Key To Success
A Fresh Look At Increasing Clarity And Confidence, And Building Relationships That Succeed
In today’s highly-interactive, team-based working environment, technical abilities are not enough to guarantee your success. Your communication and interpersonal skills can spell the difference between success and failure in actually getting your job done. Excellent communication skills are probably the most potent career and personal skills you can possess.
However, many young people start their working lives not knowing how to communicate face to face with colleagues, let alone with employers or clients. They are more comfortable sending text messages than they are speaking. Some people lack confidence to speak up when communicating, while others are so overconfident that they don’t know how to listen.
In this practical, fun, learn-by-doing workshop, Shirley Taylor will share some powerful tools for building better relationships with bosses, colleagues, clients and friends. You will be able to use these skills immediately to create a more supportive and co-operative working environment, as well as to propel yourself along the path to career success.
Top up your communication toolkit in this interesting, interactive workshop. You’ll enjoy a high-energy day of professional development, and at the same time you’ll have lots of fun!
- Appreciate the limitations of poor communication skills.
- Identify the main challenges in communication, and how to overcome them.
- Make great connections by making your first impressions count.
- Develop your door-opening and paraphrasing skills to make great conversation.
- Sharpen your active listening skills and make every exchange more productive.
- Improve your impact through careful speech habits.
- Appear confident and relaxed through appropriate body language.
- Improve relationships by using empathy and assertiveness.
- Become more effective when dealing with difficult situations and conflict.
- Cultivate more productive relationships both at work and at home.
Understanding Your Role In Team Communication
- What makes a great communicator great?
- Major communication challenges and how to overcome them
- The benefits of making great connections
- How to make great first impressions and build bonds
- Verbal and non-verbal door-openers that encourage communication
Words, Voice And Body Language
- It’s not just what you say; it’s also how you say it
- What is your body saying? Body language bloopers
- What frustrates you when speaking to others?
- Vocal hazards that reduce your impact, and how to fix them
- 5 key steps to increasing vocal clarity
Improving Your Listening And Speaking Skills
- Key differences between good listeners and bad listeners
- Passive, Selective, Attentive and Active listening
- Encouraging communication through listening actively
- 10 keys to being an effective listener
- Practice your active listening and paraphrasing skills
Improving Your Assertiveness In Communication
- Basic behavioural styles in communication
- The differences between passive, assertive and aggressive behaviour
- The power of empathy and assertiveness
- The 3F formula for assertive communication
- Diffusing conflict by effective use of assertiveness
Ongoing Learning And Conclusions
- Increasing confidence and creativity in communication
- Brainstorming and team-building games
- The 5 Cs of developing great relationships
- Top 10 tips for making successful connections