Resources – Shirley’s Articles For Reprint
Have You Found The Right Balance?
Feeling overworked? Well, that’s probably because you are. And guess what? You’re not alone. In fact, 20 per cent of the employees in Singapore are clocking more than 11 hours a day. It’s more difficult than ever to maintain the right balance between work and home. It seems focusing on one means the other suffers, and it weighs on your conscience. So how to find the right balance for you?
What is right for others might not work for you. Concentrate on your own work requirements and life responsibilities. Your energy is not unlimited. Do not work yourself so hard that you burn out, pushing your other responsibilities aside. Save energy for both. It’s important to do things in your day that keep your spirits up. Having a positive attitude goes a long way but it is just the beginning. Here are 5 steps that can help you find your own life balance:
- Perhaps most importantly, leave work at work and personal problems at home. When you do this, no single problem haunts you all day.
- Learn to say no. If one task is pulling you away from the responsibility of another, try to force a balance.
- Drop activities that zap your energy. Our energy often gets zapped by procrastinating or overdoing tasks that we do not enjoy. If that’s the case, then delegate.
- Health and humour help at home and at work. Be sure to take care of yourself and try to laugh off the small things. Do not let yourself get too wound up.
- Finally, one thing everyone seems to be forgetting these days is create time for yourself. Hobbies, time with family, date night.
To have a healthy home/work balance, you need to be happy with yourself.
All articles are copyright © Shirley Taylor. All rights reserved. This information may not be distributed, sold, publicly presented, or used in any other manner, except as described here.
Permission to reprint all or part of any article in your magazine, e-zine, website, blog or organisation newsletter is granted, as long as:
- The entire credit line below is included*.
- The website link to www.shirleytaylor.com is clickable (live)**.
- You send a copy, PDF, or link of the work in which the article is used when published.
This credit line must be reprinted in its entirety to use any articles by Shirley Taylor:
* Credit line:
© 2013 Shirley Taylor.
Shirley Taylor is a recognised leading authority on business writing and communication skills. For almost 30 years she has presented keynotes and training programmes that help people and organisations boost communication skills and develop great relationships both orally and in writing. Shirley is bestselling author of 12 books, including Model Business Letters, Emails and Other Business Documents, which has sold half a million copies worldwide and has been translated into many languages. If you would like Shirley to speak at your next event, visit www.shirleytaylor.com.
** The above website link to www.shirleytaylor.com must be clickable to receive permission to reprint the article.