Resources – Shirley’s Articles For Reprint
Get To Grips With Stress At Work
Is your workplace filled with stress? Do you end the day feeling exhausted and upset, dreading going back tomorrow? Work stress is at an all time high, and alarmingly, it is only getting higher.
Stress happens when we feel overloaded and we find it difficult to cope. Prolonged stress has major negative effects on your body, mind and soul. It causes health issues such as cold/flu, and can lead to more serious issues like heart disease. Stress limits productivity, injures your livelihood and could even lead to depression. It goes without saying that it’s important to reduce the amount of stress in our lives. You are not helpless; here are some ways you can cope with stress:
- Start your day off right with a healthy breakfast and the right attitude.
- Give yourself lots of time to prepare in the morning so that you are not playing catch up the whole day.
- Identify what causes you stress. Avoid theses things. If you cannot, use some coping strategies such as breathing or meditation. Be comfortable in your work environment: your clothing, chair, lighting.
- Stay away from conflict. Don’t gossip, avoid sensitive topics and be politically correct. Do not associate with people who are problematic or negative.
All articles are copyright © Shirley Taylor. All rights reserved. This information may not be distributed, sold, publicly presented, or used in any other manner, except as described here.
Permission to reprint all or part of any article in your magazine, e-zine, website, blog or organisation newsletter is granted, as long as:
- The entire credit line below is included*.
- The website link to www.shirleytaylor.com is clickable (live)**.
- You send a copy, PDF, or link of the work in which the article is used when published.
This credit line must be reprinted in its entirety to use any articles by Shirley Taylor:
* Credit line:
© 2013 Shirley Taylor.
Shirley Taylor is a recognised leading authority on business writing and communication skills. For almost 30 years she has presented keynotes and training programmes that help people and organisations boost communication skills and develop great relationships both orally and in writing. Shirley is bestselling author of 12 books, including Model Business Letters, Emails and Other Business Documents, which has sold half a million copies worldwide and has been translated into many languages. If you would like Shirley to speak at your next event, visit www.shirleytaylor.com.
** The above website link to www.shirleytaylor.com must be clickable to receive permission to reprint the article.