Resources – Shirley’s Articles For Reprint
Goal Setting Really Works!
Do you remember the last time you set a goal? Did you succeed? What was it about your goal that encouraged success or promoted failure? Were you aiming too high or too low? Why do we need to set goals?
Goal setting works. It is as simple as that, as long as you know how to do it right. Goal setting holds you accountable to your ambitions, and creates a stake in your own success. Ask yourself why you want to set a certain goal. Make sure that it is for the right reasons or you could be setting yourself up for failure.
How you approach goal setting varies for different people. It may be a to-do list, a journal or a conversation. To help you find the approach that inspires you to follow through, here are are some goal setting tips:
- Do not let obstacles get in your way and do not make excuses. Doing so may hurt you, but you are important and deserve to be successful.
- Tell people your goals. This will make you more accountable.
- Write down a list of the reasons for your goal. The longer the list, the more you know you want to succeed, and the better your chances of doing so.
- Use positive affirmations to start your day off right.
- Repeat your goals to yourself and do not self-sabotage by ‘forgetting’.
All articles are copyright © Shirley Taylor. All rights reserved. This information may not be distributed, sold, publicly presented, or used in any other manner, except as described here.
Permission to reprint all or part of any article in your magazine, e-zine, website, blog or organisation newsletter is granted, as long as:
- The entire credit line below is included*.
- The website link to shirleytaylor.com is clickable (live)**.
- You send a copy, PDF, or link of the work in which the article is used when published.
This credit line must be reprinted in its entirety to use any articles by Shirley Taylor:
* Credit line:
© Shirley Taylor.
Shirley is a high-energy, high-content speaker who is passionate about motivating individuals to make a real difference in our automated world. With inspiring stories and a fun style, she engages audiences quickly, and encourages them to embrace high-touch as well as high-tech so they can connect with heart.
Shirley has been a trusted member of the professional speaking and training community for many years, and has received several awards for her services in leadership. She served as Asia Professional Speakers Singapore President 2011-12 and as Global Speakers Federation President 2017-18. She has spoken in almost 20 countries all over the world.
Author of 12 books published by international publishers, Shirley has established herself as a leading authority in workplace communication, business writing, and email. Her international bestseller Model Business Letters, Emails & Other Business Documents 7th edition has sold over half a million copies worldwide and been translated into 17 languages.
If you would like Shirley to speak at your next event, visit shirleytaylor.com.
** The website link to shirleytaylor.com must be clickable to receive permission to reprint the article.