Shirley's Articles / Personal Effectiveness
Get To Grips With Stress At Work
Is your workplace filled with stress? Do you end the day feeling exhausted and upset, dreading going back tomorrow? Work stress is at an all time high, and alarmingly, it is only getting higher.
Stress happens when we feel overloaded and we find it difficult to cope. Prolonged stress has major negative effects on your body, mind and soul. It causes health issues such as cold/flu, and can lead to more serious issues like heart disease. Stress limits productivity, injures your livelihood and could even lead to depression. It goes without saying that it’s important to reduce the amount of stress in our lives. You are not helpless; here are some ways you can cope with stress:
- Start your day off right with a healthy breakfast and the right attitude.
- Give yourself lots of time to prepare in the morning so that you are not playing catch up the whole day.
- Identify what causes you stress. Avoid theses things. If you cannot, use some coping strategies such as breathing or meditation. Be comfortable in your work environment: your clothing, chair, lighting.
- Stay away from conflict. Don’t gossip, avoid sensitive topics and be politically correct. Do not associate with people who are problematic or negative.
All articles are copyright © Shirley Taylor. All rights reserved. This information may not be distributed, sold, publicly presented, or used in any other manner, except as described here.
Permission to reprint all or part of any article in your magazine, e-zine, website, blog or organisation newsletter is granted, as long as:
- The entire credit line below is included*.
- The website link to shirleytaylor.com is clickable (live)**.
- You send a copy, PDF, or link of the work in which the article is used when published.
This credit line must be reprinted in its entirety to use any articles by Shirley Taylor:
* Credit line:
© Shirley Taylor.
Shirley is an international bestselling author. She has established herself as a leading authority in email and business writing skills. Her international bestseller Model Business Letters, Emails & Other Business Documents 7th edition sold over half a million copies worldwide and has been translated into 17 languages. Her book Email Essentials reached #2 in the USA for publishers Marshall Cavendish International. Find out more about Shirley at shirleytaylor.com.