Here is a list of articles written by Shirley.
Communication Skills And Building Relationships
- Managing Conflicts Positively
- Polish up your People Skills – Every Day of the Week
- How Do You Make A Difference?
- Sorry About That! 7 Tips For Being Sincere
- 7 Secrets To Becoming A Great Communicator
- 5 Big Reasons To Improve Your Communication Skills
- Awkward! When Is Sharing At Work Just TMI?
- Good Or Bad – What Sort Of A Listener Are You?
- How Do You Do? 7 Ways To Make A Good First Impression
- 3 Easy Steps To Improve Your Active Listening
- The Potential Of Connecting With People
- 10 Easy Ways To Become A Great Networker
- How To Win People Over
- How To Turn Around Difficult Situations At Work
- Why Customers Get Angry Even When You’re Polite – And How To Avoid It
- 10 Tips For Conflict Resolutions In The Workplace
- Speak To People, Not Machines!
- Making Assumptions During Communication
- Communicate For Success In The Modern Office
- Why Are Communication Skills Important?
- Improve Your Listening Skills
- Intercultural Sensitivities
- People Skills For Every Day Of The Week
- Saying No At Work
- Your Ultimate Secret For Success
- Connecting In A Social Media World
- Clash Of The Titans (Resolving Personality Conflicts)
- Writing 101: Write Well If You Want To Earn Trust And Confidence
- Top 3 Mistakes Writers Make and How to Avoid Them
- How To Keep Your Business Writing Clear And Simple
- Good Writing Should Be Everyone’s Business
- Use Positive Words To Get Positive Results
- Writing 101: 7 Deadly Sins Of Business Writing
- The Difference Between Academic Writing And Business Writing
- Plain English For Better Business Writing
- Business Writing At Work – The Rules Have Changed
- Your Company Is Only As Good As Its Written Messages
- What Is Good Business Writing?
- The Changing Language Of Business
- 3 Small Writing Mistakes That Ruin Your First Impression
- Business Writing: Keep It Simple, But Not Too Simple
- How To Get Your Message Across And Get Great Results From Your Writing
- How To Use Plain English For Better Business Writing
- If You Wouldn’t Say It, Don’t Write It
- Never Say Never
- Sorry About That
- The Power Of Verbs
- Tune-In To Tone
- The World’s Most Irritating Phrases
- Writing For Business – Keep It Short And Simple
- Proof To Make It Perfect!
- The Importance Of Proofreading
- New Rules Of Written Communication
- How Can You Achieve Results From Your Writing?
- Confused? We Need To Kiss More!
- Use Active Not Passive Voice
- Four Point Plan For Structuring Messages
- Great Grandfather Lives!!
- Seven Deadly Sins Of Business Writing
- Business Writing Yesterday And Today
- Six Steps To Creating The Perfect CV
Grammar, Punctuation, Vocabulary
Teamwork And Collaboration
- Top Ten Tips For Emailing
- 5 Business Email Habits You Need To Stop Right Now
- Change Your Mindset To Manage The Email Overload
- The Three Essential Es Of Email Etiquette
- Don’t Harrass With Your Handheld
- Is Your Email Sending The Right Message?
- Annoying Habits On Email
- Subject Line, Not Surprise Line
- Touch Up Your Tone
- Email Your Way To The Top
- Focus On The Present, Not Your Phone!
- Top Ten Lazy Email Habits
- Top 10 Tips For Managing Your Time Effectively
- Focus On What You Are Good At
- Five Secrets To Brand Yourself
- Three Sure-fire Ways To Reduce Stress … Chillaxin’ With The Big Dogs
- 7 Powerful Strategies For An Efficient Workplace
- Have You Found The Right Balance?
- Stand Out And Get Noticed At Work
- Seven Secrets Of Successful People
- And The Winner Is…
- Free Online Training In Speaking Clearly And Confidently
- Get Into Good Habits At Work
- Rules Are Made To Be Broken
- If You Want To Be More Successful, You Have To Take Risks!
- Have You Got Your Priorities Right?
- Don’t Sabotage Your Success By Procrastinating
- Have You Found The Right Balance?
- Goal Setting Really Works!
- Get To Grips With Stress At Work
- Do You Make The Most Of Your Downtime?
- 5 Strategies To Stand Out And Get Noticed At Work
- Are You An Admin Who Adds Value?
- Tools For Personal Effectiveness
- How Smart Are Your Smartphone Habits?
- The 3Ps For Increasing Productivity
- Time Is Money, So Save Your Money
- I Can’t Come In Today
- Time Management Tips You Can Actually Use
- Have We Forgotten How To Use The Telephone?
- Play Nice With Your Cell Phone
- Ten Keys To Happiness
- Are You Working Smarter Or Harder?
- Today’s Secretaries – Ambassadors Of Excellence
- Six Characteristics Every Workplace Should Have
- The Office Grapevine
Present Yourself Powerfully
Speaking with Confidence
- 2 Steps To Speaking Up Without Stress
- 2 Common Barriers To Building Ideas
- Ask Sensitive Questions With The ARQ Technique
- How to Become A Better Listener – 5 Cues To Understanding What Others Really Mean
- The Dos And Don’ts Of Ensuring Understanding
- Who’s Navigating? 3 Stages Of Leadership In Conversation
- Why Customers Get Angry Even When You’re Polite – And How to Avoid it
Specially for Secretaries and PAs
All articles are copyright © Shirley Taylor. All rights reserved. This information may not be distributed, sold, publicly presented, or used in any other manner, except as described here.
Permission to reprint all or part of any article in your magazine, e-zine, website, blog or organisation newsletter is granted, as long as:
- The entire credit line below is included*.
- The website link to shirleytaylor.com is clickable (live)**.
- You send a copy, PDF, or link of the work in which the article is used when published.
This credit line must be reprinted in its entirety to use any articles by Shirley Taylor:
* Credit line:
© 2013 Shirley Taylor.
Shirley Taylor is a recognised leading authority on business writing and communication skills. For almost 30 years she has presented keynotes and training programmes that help people and organisations boost communication skills and develop great relationships both orally and in writing. Shirley is bestselling author of 12 books, including Model Business Letters, Emails and Other Business Documents, which has sold half a million copies worldwide and has been translated into many languages. If you would like Shirley to speak at your next event, visit shirleytaylor.com.
** The above website link to shirleytaylor.com must be clickable to receive permission to reprint the article.