Resources – Shirley’s Articles For Reprint
Get To Grips With Stress At Work
Is your workplace filled with stress? Do you end the day feeling exhausted and upset, dreading going back tomorrow? Work stress is at an all time high, and alarmingly, it is only getting higher.
Stress happens when we feel overloaded and we find it difficult to cope. Prolonged stress has major negative effects on your body, mind and soul. It causes health issues such as cold/flu, and can lead to more serious issues like heart disease. Stress limits productivity, injures your livelihood and could even lead to depression. It goes without saying that it’s important to reduce the amount of stress in our lives. You are not helpless; here are some ways you can cope with stress:
- Start your day off right with a healthy breakfast and the right attitude.
- Give yourself lots of time to prepare in the morning so that you are not playing catch up the whole day.
- Identify what causes you stress. Avoid theses things. If you cannot, use some coping strategies such as breathing or meditation. Be comfortable in your work environment: your clothing, chair, lighting.
- Stay away from conflict. Don’t gossip, avoid sensitive topics and be politically correct. Do not associate with people who are problematic or negative.
All articles are copyright © Shirley Taylor. All rights reserved. This information may not be distributed, sold, publicly presented, or used in any other manner, except as described here.
Permission to reprint all or part of any article in your magazine, e-zine, website, blog or organisation newsletter is granted, as long as:
- The entire credit line below is included*.
- The website link to shirleytaylor.com is clickable (live)**.
- You send a copy, PDF, or link of the work in which the article is used when published.
This credit line must be reprinted in its entirety to use any articles by Shirley Taylor:
* Credit line:
© Shirley Taylor.
Shirley is a high-energy, high-content speaker who is passionate about motivating individuals to make a real difference in our automated world. With inspiring stories and a fun style, she engages audiences quickly, and encourages them to embrace high-touch as well as high-tech so they can connect with heart.
Shirley has been a trusted member of the professional speaking and training community for many years, and has received several awards for her services in leadership. She served as Asia Professional Speakers Singapore President 2011-12 and as Global Speakers Federation President 2017-18. She has spoken in almost 20 countries all over the world.
Author of 12 books published by international publishers, Shirley has established herself as a leading authority in workplace communication, business writing, and email. Her international bestseller Model Business Letters, Emails & Other Business Documents 7th edition has sold over half a million copies worldwide and been translated into 17 languages.
If you would like Shirley to speak at your next event, visit shirleytaylor.com.
** The website link to shirleytaylor.com must be clickable to receive permission to reprint the article.