Resources – Shirley’s Articles For Reprint
Ten Keys To Happiness
What makes people truly happy? There are probably many answers, but here are some common themes. If you use these keys, you can let happiness fill your life!
- Take ResponsibilityTake full ownership of your actions, moods and feelings. If you can take responsibility for your life, you can change it. Blaming others for your circumstances only keeps you stuck.
- Feel Your FeelingsDon’t stuff your feelings until they become toxic or leak out. There are no wrong feelings. Acknowledge them, let yourself fully feel them when you are in private, and then you will be able to move on.
- Practice GratitudeMake a daily practice of asking yourself, “What am I grateful for?” Keep a gratitude journal and write down 10 things that are good in your life. Do this at bedtime and you will enjoy better sleep. Being grateful for what you have creates space for new energy to come into your life.
- Live in the NowDon’t drag your past into your present. Don’t try to live in the future. Be here now, this moment. When you fully engage in the present, there is no room for baggage from the past or fear of the future.
- Control Your GremlinsGremlins are those nasty voices in your head that tear you down. You know, the ones that say, “You’re not good enough” or “You’ll never amount to anything”. You wouldn’t even say those things to your best friend. So find those gremlins and zap them. How? Ask yourself if you really want them to control you, and then change them into positive affirmations instead.
- Practice ForgivenessForgive everyone even if it’s just as a mental exercise. Otherwise those people and situations gain power over you and live in your head, rent free. And, of course, forgive yourself – you did the best you knew how at the time. Today is a new day. Letting go of anger and resentment will set you free.
- Connect with OthersLet the negative, whining people in your life find someone else to complain with. You don’t have time for it. Surround yourself with supportive and positive people. Don’t know any people like that? Put a smile on your face and go find them!
- Manage Your EnergyLearn to say no to tasks and people who drain your energy. Learning to say no can be difficult, but once you do it, you will experience a new level of personal power and well-being. Say yes to activities that give you energy. Make a list of these activities and plan to do a few of them daily.
- Give BackFeel good by volunteering to help, mentor or spend time with others who don’t enjoy your level of abundance. Give out positive energy and it will come back to you many times.
- Change!Change is good. Be flexible. Life is always throwing new stuff at you. Go with the flow and shape your life the way you want it to be. Keep learning, adapting and embracing the new and wonderful things that will show up in your life!
All articles are copyright © Shirley Taylor. All rights reserved. This information may not be distributed, sold, publicly presented, or used in any other manner, except as described here.
Permission to reprint all or part of any article in your magazine, e-zine, website, blog or organisation newsletter is granted, as long as:
- The entire credit line below is included*.
- The website link to shirleytaylor.com is clickable (live)**.
- You send a copy, PDF, or link of the work in which the article is used when published.
This credit line must be reprinted in its entirety to use any articles by Shirley Taylor:
* Credit line:
© Shirley Taylor.
Shirley is a high-energy, high-content speaker who is passionate about motivating individuals to make a real difference in our automated world. With inspiring stories and a fun style, she engages audiences quickly, and encourages them to embrace high-touch as well as high-tech so they can connect with heart.
Shirley has been a trusted member of the professional speaking and training community for many years, and has received several awards for her services in leadership. She served as Asia Professional Speakers Singapore President 2011-12 and as Global Speakers Federation President 2017-18. She has spoken in almost 20 countries all over the world.
Author of 12 books published by international publishers, Shirley has established herself as a leading authority in workplace communication, business writing, and email. Her international bestseller Model Business Letters, Emails & Other Business Documents 7th edition has sold over half a million copies worldwide and been translated into 17 languages.
If you would like Shirley to speak at your next event, visit shirleytaylor.com.
** The website link to shirleytaylor.com must be clickable to receive permission to reprint the article.